In just a few weeks, the Philippines will be hosting the Miss Universe 2016 pageant – one of the most known prestigious competitions in the univ—err, world; and undoubtedly, the country is a strong contender thanks to the Filipina’s beauty, grace, and intelligence.
If you can recall, our local beauties have taken home the crown three times: first by Gloria Diaz in 1969, followed by Margie Moran in 1973, and of course, most recently, by Pia Wurtzbach in 2015. Now, we’re once again eyeing the title as we root for 26-year-old Maxine Medina from Quezon City.
Below, moments the brunette beauty has proven that you don’t have to be the ultimate winner to act like a queen:
1. Here's Maxine looking radiant in white.
2. She sure knows how to work her angles!
3. Here she is exploring the homeland.
Look at her perfect sun-kissed skin!
4. The way she walks shows that the world is her runway.
5. She proves you don't need to show too much skin to be sexy.
6. She can make a casual outfit look super chic!
7. She can get down and dirty – because beauty queens need adventure, too!
8. Queens go on luxe vacations, too.
10. Her laid-back look is simple but eye-catching.
11. Here she is participating in a campaign on #WorldAidsDay
Good luck, Maxine!
Ako po ay para sa MAPAYAPANG botohan at TAPAT na bilangan. Mga kababayan, sama sama po tayong manalangin para sa isang MALINIS na halalan. Laban para sa bayan. - Maxine Medina, Binibining Pilipinas Universe 2016 (Miss Universe Philippines 2016) #Halalan2016 #MissUniversePhilippines2016 #MissUniverse2016 #PhilippinesElections2016 ???? @bbpilipinasofficial
You’ve already made us proud.