Actress Bea Alonzo is the latest celebrity to use the Cohen Program, a popular weight-loss regimen that uses food to correct hormonal imbalance. After four weeks of following the diet, she has already lost 10 pounds, ABS-CBNNews.com reports.
"As you can see, it's effective," Bea told news program Bandila with a laugh. "No, I don't starve myself, but healthy eating. We weigh our food. I prepare my own food. Maraming bawal."
Bea showed off her bod in a backless dress at her birthday celebration over the weekend. Rumored boyfriend Zanjoe Marudo was there, and Bea had a good-natured smile on her face when Bandila asked Zanjoe how he felt about her new look. "Di ko napapansin kasi hindi naman ako tumitingin sa weight o sa figure (I don't notice because I don't really look at weight or figure)," Zanjoe said. "E sexy naman siya e. (She's already sexy anyway.)"
Bea isn't the only celebrity following the Cohen lifestyle. Back in August, actress Judy Ann Santos revealed she had lost 27 pounds using the diet at the time.
The Cohen Program uses a person's unique blood chemistry to create a personalized eating plan. According to Cohen's Lifestyle Center Philippines, the diet utilizes the food groups in "specific quantities" three meals a day.
Want to find out more about the Cohen diet? Read this article for the details:
You can also read about what other FNites have to say about the Cohen Program (and read about their own weight loss stories) on GIRLTalk:
Want to read more articles about dieting and weight loss? Check these out on FN:
- New Study: Dieting More than Exercise Is Key to Weight Loss + 10 Dieting Baby Steps
- New Study: Eating the same food over and over again can help you lose weight
- Think Right, Eat Right: 8 Tips for Keeping Your Weight in Check
- What You Should Know About 5 Popular Fad Diets
- Experts Debunk Hollywood Diets + 10 Celebs Who Endorse Them
- New Study: Changing Your Surroundings Helps You Stick to Your Diet
For more on Bea Alonzo, check out these articles and galleries on FN:
- FN Exclusive: Bea Alonzo Talks about Beauty and Confidence
- Bea Alonzo for Colour Collection: 19 Brilliant Beauty Looks
- Bea Alonzo ranks herself 3rd among best young actresses today + Who’s your bet?
- Bea Alonzo Says Zanjoe Marudo Is Husband Material
- Bea Alonzo to work with “rival” Angel Locsin + 5 Tips on Working with Rivals
(Photo courtesy of PEP.ph)