Broadway actress Lea Salonga celebrates her 41st birthday today. This Womanity Awardee for the Arts has been in the entertainment industry for decades, and her star hasn't stopped in its ascent since she starred in her first international role as Kim in the West End musical Miss Saigon.
Lea continues to do the country proud. In June 2011, she got good reviews from The New York Times for her cabaret show, New York in June. In August 2011, she was also recognized as a Disney Legend.
What else makes this Broadway star a woman worth watching and emulating? Scroll through the gallery below for just 10 reasons among many. If you've got any to add, don't forget to tell them to us in a comment.
For more on Lea Salonga, check out these articles:
- Lea Salonga, Shamcey Supsup, Tweetie de Leon-Gonzalez, and More Breast Cancer Advocates
- Lea Salonga Recognized as a Disney Legend + Video: 4 Disney Princesses Sing at 2011 Expo
- Lea Salonga's New York in June gets good reviews from The New York Times
- Lea Salonga and Sarah Geronimo to duet with Charice? + 25 Celebs We’d Like Charice to Sing With
- Lea Salonga Spearheads Sex Myth Awareness Campaign on Twitter + 20 Sex Myths
- 5 Lessons on Love and Marriage You Can Learn from Lea Salonga
- Lea Salonga, Fidel V. Ramos, Cheche Lazaro, and more support pro-RH Bill Purple Ribbon Campaign
(All photos courtesy of PEP.ph)